Software for calculating geometric properties of cross sections and polygons. Calculates: area, moments of inertia, product of inertia, radius of gyration, section modulus, among others. It also supports import and export of CSV, JSON and DXF files. Able to do geometric transformations and 2D and 3D visualization of the cross sections.
- Fast, automatically and accurately calculation of more than 30 cross-setion’s geometric properties (area, moment of inertia, centroid, principal axes, etc.)
- Support of composited sections and sections with holes.
- Accepts any type of section defined by a polygon.
- Support of geometric transformations: Translation, Rotation, Mirror and Scale of cross sections.
- Projects can support multiple cross-sections for analysis.
- Geometric properties comparison of project’s multiple cross-sections.
- User-friendly interface and totally interactive 2D and 3D view of cross-sections and projects. Shows a 3D extruded solid of the cross section.
- Customizable user interface with multi-window and floating windows support.
- Multi-monitor support.
- Predefined library with lots of pre-created customizable parametric cross-sections.
- Detailed report generation of project’s cross-sections (Geometric Properties, 2D/3D view).
- Import/Export file formats: DXF (Autocad 2010 DXF and later), PDF, Excel CSV, Space separated and JSON.
- Totally configurable and customizable (global preferences and measurement units).
- Multi-Language support.
- Automation via .NET Library (API) for 3rd Party developers (separated product).
- Compatibility with Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.x and Windows 10.
- Retrocompatibility with files of older versions of Secciones (1.x, 3.x).
- Area and Perimeter.
- Centroid coordinates.
- First Moment of Area (About XY axis and Centroidal Axis).
- Second Moment of Area – Moment of Inertia (About XY axis and Centroidal Axis).
- Product of Inertia and Polar Moment of Inertia (About XY axis and Centroidal Axis).
- Radius of gyration about X-axis and Y-axis (About XY axis and Centroidal Axis).
- Elastic Modulus about Top, Bottom , Left and Right sides of cross-sections.
- Angle of principal axes.
- Minimum and maximum moments of inertia.
- Principal radius of gyration.
- Many more…